As many of you know, one of Seidenberg’s outreach programs works with AHRC of New York City, an organization for helping individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Together, with Pace’s Dean of Students, Dr. Marijo Russell-O’Grady, they will be hosting an International Film Festival in celebration of Individuals with Disabilities in Film.
This is the second annual film festival to be held at Pace for the occasion. According to an official media release for the festival, “the festival focuses on individuals with disabilities expressing dreams and hopes to be contributing members of society like other individuals without disabilities.”
A discussion of the films will be included, featuring distinguished panelists
- Alice Elliott (Director, Welcome Change Productions)
- Dr. Marilyn Jaffe-Ruiz (Member, Board of Directors, AHRC New York City)
- Maria Hodermarska (Parent and Teacher, NYU)
- Gary Lind (Executive Director, AHRC New York City, Community Engagement Partner with Pace University)
- Adil Imran Sanai (Self-Advocate)
- Issac Zablocki (Co-Founder and Director, ReelAbilities: New York Disability Film Festival)
- and Dr. Marijo Russel-O’Grady, Dean of Students, who will act as Moderator.
The festival is free and welcomes all members of the public. For seat reservations and RSVPs, you may email Dr. James P. Lawler, Chair of the International Film Festival and Professor of Service-Learning of the Seidenberg School, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 212-346-1013.
The festival will take place Monday, March 31, 2014, from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM in the Michael Schimmel Center for the Arts, Pace University, 3 Spruce Street, Manhattan, New York City.