1) Who are you working with this summer? (…and what do they do?)
I am currently interning at MetLife Insurances, NY as an IT Internal Audit Intern. MetLife is one of the global providers of insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs, with 90 million customers in over 60 countries. MetLife is the largest life insurer in the United States also serves 90 of the largest Fortune 500 companies.
2) Can you tell us a little about what you are doing?
I work for the GTOA (Global Technology and Operational Audit) department, Team RAD Americas under Nancy Hom (AVP). The profile has the following responsibilities:
1) Ensure compliance to MetLife Policy & Procedures, leading practices, procedural efficiency, risk management and accuracy;
2) Ensure IT compliance to regulatory standards and best practice; and
3) Ensure IT compliance to IT Risk and Security standards and practices, where applicable to audits.
3) Is there a particular class or professor at Seidenberg that has helped you prepare specifically for your current internship?
So many, Professors at Pace have been really helpful and friendly especially being an international student. I took Overview Of Information Technology (IT 603) under Prof Narayan Murthy, then Project Management (IS 637) under Prof James Gabberty. These subjects
really helped gain the knowledge areas required for the field in which I am interning. Also, special thanks to Svetlana and the Career Services office for keeping me motivated from time to time be it with my resume approval or help with getting CPT application procedures in on time. Also, to Dean Amar Gupta who has helped me get motivated and supported me with his guidance.
4. Does your new office have a favorite restaurant/hangout they go to after work?
So many perks of working right in the middle of Times Square. The area is flooded with different cuisines restaurants and Bars. To pick one would be difficult, but I mostly pick my lunch from Kobeyaki – it’s a Japanese cuisine restaurant. Bryant Park is also one of my favorite places to hangout with colleague interns.
Garima Kulkarni is a student at Seidenberg working towards her degree in Information Systems.