A Message Seidenberg’s Career Services Correspondent: Svetlana Kotlyarenko

“Welcome back! I hope the first week of Spring Semester went smoothly.

By way of introduction, my name is Svetlana Kotlyarenko and I will be your new Career Counselor. If you’re interested in securing an internship, job, need your resume reviewed, would like to prepare for an interview, or just chat about your career, I am your go-to person.  For your convenience, I will hold office hours every Wednesday from 1:30 – 4:30 PM right here at 163 Williams Street, and will be available all other days right across the street at 41 Park Row, 14th floor.

If you haven’t started to give internships a thought, I encourage you to do so. In addition to strong academic performance, employers want candidates to have hands-on experience in their field of study upon graduation. In other words, if you want to land a great job out of college or attend graduate school, completing an internship or two during your academic career is crucial.
With that said, Career Service has lots of great opportunities in the tech industry. I will send internships your way bi-weekly. Please keep an eye out for that email!

There are 4 easy steps you will have to take to complete to participate in the internship program. They are as follows:

1: Complete Online Webinar
Learn the basics of Career Services, eRecruiting, and what’s expected of you. This is the first step in the internship process and is MANDATORY for participation in Career Services Internship Program.

2: Attend an Interview Workshop
Develop the skills to get the job! Discuss difficult questions asked by employers and learn about the different interview formats. To sign up visit our website homepage for the schedule. This is MANDATORY for participation in Career Services Internship Program.

3: Schedule an Appointment with a Career Counselor
Schedule an appointment with a career counselor. Be sure to bring in a resume draft.

• During your first meeting with your career counselor you will be asked to sign a student agreement.
  • After revising drafts, the next step is to get your resume officially approved by your career counselor.

4: Using eRecruiting
Once your profile is completed on eRecruiting, you are eligible to connect to jobs, employers, on-campus interviews, and events throughout Pace University’s worldwide network of campuses and employers.

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions (skotlyarenko@pace.edu).

I look forward to meeting all of you in the coming weeks.”

-Svetlana

Note: Svetlana’s office hours will be as follows:

Monday, Tuesday, Friday – 1-2PM or by appointment at 41 Park Row, 14th FL
Wednesday 1:30 -4:30 by appointment at 163 Williams Street
Thursday – 11 AM – 1PM; 3:30PM – 5PM by appointment at Goldstein, Office 311

One thought on “A Message Seidenberg’s Career Services Correspondent: Svetlana Kotlyarenko”

1. Please see my updated schedule. I will also see Seidenberg students in Pleasantville on Thursdays.

For your convenience, my office hours will be as follows:

Monday, Tuesday, Friday by appointment at 41 Park Row, 14th FL

Wednesday – 1:30 – 4:30 by appointment at 163 Williams Street, Office 214

Skip to toolbar